Get me outta here!

October 19, 2014

Pique Nique @Jurong, JCube

There was quite abit of negative reviews on Hungry Go where, but I visited this place with an open mind, as I have bought some vouchers with the mall's promotion at JCube. I have always wanted to visit this quaint-looking place in Ngee Ann City anyway. There is a big open space in the middle, supposedly for large groups, with astro turf grounds, providing a very story-book like feel.

Their wait staff were very friendly and helpful, and acceded to our take-away request quite promptly, filling up our waters whenever it was getting empty.

I couldn't really rave about the food though...

Goulash ($20)

Roasted Chicken with Mac & Cheese ($17.80)

Pique Nique's Classique Burger ($18)

But, I was sorely disappointed, considering Chef Pang's background in Les Amis Group. Their beef Goulash ($20) is quite average, the beef really tender, the pasta done right. But it got jelak after awhile, so we were glad when the Roasted Chicken with Mac & Cheese came next ($17.80). Their Gruyere cheese went really well with the nicely-done macronies. I shouldn't have ordered their Pique Nique's Classique Burger ($18), and should have stuck to their all-day breakfast... The meat was under-marinated and crumbly, no juice. The fries were crunchy and not oily, which saved the dish.

Not to mention the plates. The paint was fading off, and I felt like I was eating the paint with every spoon. What once seemed classy is now an eyesore. I'd rather they just use plain ceramic plates. 

All in all, I wouldn't be back for Pique Nique. There are way too may good food over in other malls, West Gate and Jem, and even the food courts around.

------------------

Verdict:
Food: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Ambiance: 2.5/5
Total Score: 2/5
[1- Never visit again, 2-Won't visit unless there's no other option, 3-Perhaps, 4 & 5- Yes!]

Good for? Couples, Groups, Family

------------------


About it:
Pique Nique
Address: 2 Jurong East Central 1, Singapore 609731